I know a lot of you want to try dating apps specially Tinder but are afraid because it may link with your social media like Facebook. Well, don’t worry anymore. Tinder can easily be used without connecting FB. You now signup on Tinder without Facebook Account. Here in this post I will guide you and show you how you can use Tinder without Facebook.
- 1 Why does Tinder Asks for your Facebook Account?
- 2 Tricks on How to use Tinder without Facebook
- 3 Merits and Demerits of Tinder Without Facebook
- 4 Conclusion
Why does Tinder Asks for your Facebook Account?
If you allow Tinder to access your Facebook Account, the app is able to build your user profile with photos that you’ve already uploaded on Facebook. And, Tinder uses your basic info such as your geographical location, age, common interests and number of friends to create a social graph for you.
Using this data, Tinder is able to match you with your potential candidates who you are more likely to be interested in instead of just random people. Tinder has the access to your personal info via Facebook. But wait, you don’t want this to happen.
You want to keep your Tinder profile fresh and clean from all the mess you post on Facebook. Well, that is possible. Keep on reading as we guide you to use Tinder without Fb.
Tricks on How to use Tinder without Facebook
Yes it is possible and you have probably landed upon the right page. Here I’ll step by step guide you for doing it. There are two ways of signing up for Tinder:
- Using your phone number.
- Using your Facebook account.
Choosing to signing up via phone number is a much safer option as then you would only be providing your phone number and your name, which would not be in the case if you go with the other option of signing up with Facebook.
1. Using your Mobile Phone Number to Join Tinder
The best method is to join Tinder using your Mobile Number. This way you don’t have to use or connect your facebook account on Tinder. Here are the steps to do so;
- Choose “Log in with phone number”.
- Enter your phone number.
- You will receive a code via text enter that code.
- Enter your email address.
- Type in a password.
- Enter your first name.
- Select your Gender.
- Now, your OS will ask you permission for allowing Tinder to access your gallery. To continue you need to agree. You also need to agree to let Tinder access your, and need to turn on location services to use the app.
- Lastly, you need to choose a picture as your main profile picture, and hit “DONE” to create your account.
That’s it. Your Tinder profile is ready without Fb. This way you can always login Tinder with Phone number instead of FB.
2. Using your Facebook account.
Signing up using your Facebook doesn’t mean your Facebook friends need to know anything about it. Here is what you need to do to keep it private – Sign up for Tinder using Facebook and Change the Tinder App Visibility settings, in your Facebook account.
- Open the Settings page from the drop down menu.
- Navigate to “apps linked to your Facebook” page.
- Find Tinder in the list and click on the edit option.
- Change the visibility of the app to “Only Me”.
3. Using your Landline Number
- As told in the above method of signing using your mobile phone number.
- Enter your landline number instead of a mobile number.
- You will not receive any text message this time ( You need to wait a bit)
- Hit next anyway and continue.
- Click “I didn’t receive any text”
- Next choose the option to receive the code from a voice call.
- You will get a call on your landline and the code will be spoken to you.
- Enter that code and complete the set up as told previously
There is only one back drop of this method : If you have logged out of your Tinder account and you need to login to it again, then you should be near that landline phone, as the code will come on it only and you will have to receive the call.
4. Use A Secondary FB Account
This might sound a bit weird, but if you really want to use Tinder without giving it the access to your Facebook account, creating a “fake” Facebook account is the best you can do (A burner/fake account is another name for a secondary account). By this you will use your secondary Facebook account to access your Tinder account, note that running two Facebook accounts violates Facebook’s terms of service, so you might experience difficulties in it for longer periods of time and might also happen that your burner Facebook account gets locked down or outright banned. Still, this is the only way to do it.
Note : For privacy concerns always use a throw away or temporary email. Getting a temporary email is easy just search for it on google and you will get many options, they are free and don’t require any authentication. Just use them for your work and then forget about them.
Merits and Demerits of Tinder Without Facebook
- Your privacy is safe
- You don’t need to give out all your personal details to someone un-trusted
- None of your friends will come to know of you joining tinder
- You will be required to enter an SMS code every time you wish to log in to your Tinder account.
- If you share interests with a match, you won’t immediately see them.
These were some of the ways through you can use Tinder without the need of informing your Facebook friends about it. And keeping your privacy safe. I hope this article helps you achieve it’s purpose. If you have any other method through which we can do it or if there’s any problem in any of our methods, do comment down. We’ll be happy to hear from you.